Talent Development Manager – Senegal
Title: Talent Development Manager
Location: Thiès or Dakar, Senegal
myAgro is an award-winning non-profit social enterprise based in West Africa. We have developed a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high quality seeds, fertilizers and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to help lift 1 million farmers out of poverty by 2026. Learn more about the founder and CEO of myAgro here. We recently received a prestigious Audacious Prsize to accelerate the reach of myAgro in the next 5 years. Join a winning team changing the lives of hardworking farmers across West Africa.
About the role:
We are modernizing our talent approach with new technologies and resources that empower myAgro employees to create their own growth. We are at the forefront of supporting our business and employee development through an internal talent marketplace and we are just getting started.
The Talent Development Manager will play a key role in driving and supporting the talent program and in designing and implementing essential career development experiences in myAgro. Given the cross-ecosystem dimension of career development, you will work in partnership with People Operations and other business departments to define, communicate, implement and activate the career, succession and development strategy. You will report to the Vice President, Talent Management.
You will be:
- Contribute to the design and implementation of career development strategies, tools and resources. Propose approaches, ideas and business insights to HR management and business unit leaders to increase the effectiveness, reach and visibility of career programs and help myAgro respond to opportunities and demands related to careers and talent.
- Manage career portfolio components by prioritizing and coordinating the work of others within and across teams; collect and summarize information and use the information to inform decisions.
- Foster internal and external relationships that ensure a strong talent pool in myAgro
- Coordinate with internal and external training providers to ensure organizational and technical learning interventions for all employees.
- Consult with Business Unit Leaders to ensure alignment on passage of trial periods for all new hires or as appropriate, and provide insight into development needs of teams and individuals and ensure facilitation of appropriate programs to support a culture of growth
- Participate in the talent assessment process, including assisting in the creation of development plans, tracking progress of development plans, tracking succession plans, etc.
- Work closely with HR managers/line management to identify and/or resolve talent priorities outside of the talent assessment process
- Work with leaders and external vendors to perform 360 degree assessments, assessments and implement other related talent management tools
- Prepare a variety of written reports and presentations, including dashboard stories, training or cheat sheets.
- Fluency in English and French
- 5+ years of experience in a similar field (e.g. people management, learning and development, employee engagement, talent retention, succession planning, career development and management)
- Previous experience with online learning platforms (eg Udemy, Coursera) for the workplace is helpful.
- Experience collaborating across the organization with colleagues and HR partners.
Salary and benefits offered
- Excellent compensation, contributions to the pension plan
- Quality health insurance for you and your loved ones. Dental and vision insurance. Company paid life, accident and disability insurance
- About 4 weeks of paid vacation each year.
- Annual flight allowance (terms and conditions apply)
- Professional development and laptop allowances
- The opportunity to make a difference for farmers on a daily basis!
Application process and deadline
To apply, submit your application on our website. Attach a cover letter (motivation letter) and a curriculum vitae or CV. You must also complete the Plum survey. You can find a link to the Plum survey on the application form for the role. Please submit your application and documents in English. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by our team.
There is no set deadline as we hire on a rolling basis. If someone else is selected during your interview, we will let you know and consider your application for future positions. The interview process includes the application form, the Plum assessment, short virtual interviews and usually a short written assignment or a visit to the field or to one of our offices.
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
How to register